The Department of Science and Technology Regional Office VI or DOST VI, is one of the 16 regional offices of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST), the premiere science and technology body in the country charged with the twin mandate of providing central direction, leadership and coordination of all scientific and technological activities, and of formulating policies, programs and projects to support national development.
The DOST VI implements the laws/rules/regulations/policies/plans/programs/projects of the DOST, provides efficient S&T services in the region, and coordinates with other government agencies and with local government units in the region on S&T matters.
The DOST VI is currently at the forefront of spearheading the advancement of the S&T sector in Western Visayas and of making the S&T sector as a vehicle for regional socioeconomic development.
Excellent prime-mover of Regional and Countryside Development with Equity.
Spearhead scientific, technological, and innovation efforts, and ensure that these result to maximum economic and social benefits for the people in the region.
- Technology adoption accelerated
- Innovation-driven economy attained
- Resilient countryside
We are committed to provide relevant science and technology- related services to both the government and private sectors in Region VI, with the highest standards of quality and reliability within our capabilities and resources, according to customer and all applicable regulatory and statutory requirements, and to continually improve the effectiveness of our QMS in order to meet customer satisfaction.
- To attain a rating of “very satisfactory” or higher from 80% of firms surveyed for customer satisfaction;
- To deliver S&T services according to the requirements of our customers and in compliance to existing applicable statutory and regulatory requirements; and
- To enhance the competency of DOST VI personnel in delivering S&T related services.